The VPXcel3 SBC324 Rugged Single Board Computer (SBC) from GE Intelligent Platforms features the high performance, highly integrated 2nd Generation Core i7 processor platform from Intel.
The 2nd Generation Core i7 with fully integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual or quad core processing up to 2.5 GHz offers better performance per watt — all in one device. Coupled with the Intel QM67 chipset, this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and off-board functions.
Features of the 2nd Gen Core i7 processor
• Intel® vPro technology:
- Intel® VT adds hardware assisted performance acceleration
- Intel® TXT is a hardware based security foundation to build and maintain a chain of trust, to protect the platform from software based attacks
• Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) signal processing
- Intel's AVX doubles the vector register size from 128 to 256 bits for up to a 2x FLOP improvement
• Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
• Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• Hyper-Thread Technology – Up to 4 processing cores (2 threads per core) – provides increased performance and processing efficiency
In addition to a comprehensive range of onboard IO features, the SBC324 also offers an on-board XMC with IO mezzanine expansion site for enhanced system flexibility. Memory resources include up to 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM with ECC, 32 GB NAND Flash, and optional hard drive via XMC.
The SBC324 is designed to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications from industrial through to fully rugged Defense and Aerospace programs. It offers extended temperature capability and a range of air and conduction cooled build levels.
A rich software choice is planned for the SBC324, including comprehensive Deployed Test Software (BIT and BCS) plus OS support for Windows 7, Open Linux, and VxWorks®