The XVR15 Rugged 6U VME Single Board Computer (SBC) from GE Intelligent Platforms features the high performance, highly integrated 3rd Generation Core i7 processor platform from Intel.
3rd Generation Core i7 offers integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual- and quad-core processing up to 2.5 GHz all in one device. Coupled with the Intel QM77 Express Chipset this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and off-board functions.
Features of the 3rd Gen. Core i7 processor
• Up to 20% (compute) and 30% (3D graphics) performance improvement over previous generation
• Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) signal processing
• Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• PCIe GEN 3 (8 GT/sec) and USB 3.0 (10x the bandwidth of 2.0) data transfer capability
• Hyper-Thread Technology – 2 threads per core
In addition to a comprehensive range of onboard I/O features, the XVR15 also offers two on-board mezzanine expansion sites for enhanced system flexibility, both of which offer PMC and XMC capability. Memory resources include up to 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 8 GB Solid State Disk Drive, optional SATA hard drive, BIOS Flash and BIOS backup Flash.
The XVR15 is designed to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications from industrial through to fully rugged Defense and Aerospace programs. It offers extended temperature capability and a range of air and conduction cooled build levels.
A rich software choice is planned for the XVR15, including comprehensive Deployed Test Software (BIT and BCS) plus OS support for Windows 7, Open Linux, Wind River Linux, and VxWorks.